Capital Crew offers a talented and experienced coaching staff. All coaches have an extensive background in rowing and/or conditioning. They are all trained boating safety instructors with several certifications including CPR, First-Aid, Lifeguarding, and USRowing Level II Coaching. Our staff is driven by a passion for excellence, education and competition.
Capital Crew coaching staff value communication with athletes and families. Please remember these tips when contacting the coaching staff:
- Each coach will let their squad know the best form of communication (in person, via email, telephone, etc.).
- Let the coach know if you will be missing practice or event (see Attendance & Practice)
- If an injury or illness will affect an athlete’s attendance or performance, the coach should be among the first to know.
- Allow the coaching staff to coach during practice, races and other team events. Make an arrangement with the coach to speak after the event or at a later, mutually convenient time.
- Athletes should speak directly and courteously with the coach if they are having difficulties in training or competition. Assuming responsibility for one’s own actions is an important part of maturing into an adult that will benefit the athlete.
- If you need to contact a coach regarding clarification of matters such as training schedules, nutrition and health, and college recruiting, do so via the contact method designated and at a time that is mutually convenient, anticipating a timely response.